Thursday, January 9, 2014

CYCLOCENTRIC SNUB SQUARE ANTIPRISM

This lozenge shaped pillow uses the same single arc cyclo square and triangle polygon patterns used in the cubocta pillow. This time the nine inch edges produced a pillow approximately 21 inches in diameter, and about 11 inches tall. This would have been an interesting pillow without the wiggle.  


 I'm thinkin it's time for the next level of cyclocentric complexity.  To add an additional dimension to the next pillow, the tri-augmentations to this triangular prism include proportions derived from the Pyramid of Khufu. These are intended to enhance its psionic properties, but mostly it'll make the points shorter and more separate looking. Once again Poly was the source of the clip art to the left, and provided the peel I used for the model on the left below.
 Shortening the pyramids means the addition of a second set of wiggly edges. To make all this arithmetic a little simpler, I decided to go metric. The size I've settled on has a base edge 30 cm (12 inches) long , and angled edges of 28.5 cm. In case you're trying a different size, the page below was the most readable psionic pyramid formula I found.

Finding  the unknown height of my 30 cm square pyramid was just a warm up for finding the radius for making the threefold networks needed for my wiggly polygons. Below are two stages of my templates showing how to begin the net with a single center line, and demonstrating that the height of the triangle made by the points equals three times the radius of the circle that makes it. The two arc wiggle is another level of challenge, and I still have to cut these out and piece together the side templates. I will use the 30 cm one to make the top-bottom template first.


No comments:

Post a Comment